One of my top healthy eating ideas each day is to add ginger in meals throughout the day. Just how does ginger work? Ginger works as an anti-inflammatory agent blocking prostagladins – the chemical messengers that cause a slight swelling in the brain. If you have a headache you’ll be pleased to find that ginger tea reduces inflammation in about the same amount of time as an aspirin. Drink a cup at the onset of your headache to stop pain in its tracks. Ginger also helps to keep the stomach calm and appears to have an overall calming effect. With these benefits it will stay among my healthy eating ideas.
Packed with antioxidants
Ginger is packed with antioxidants; it has a whole range of health benefits and is perfect during the winter months. Ginger is a perfect addition when you have a cold cough, or even flu symptoms. Ginger helps to stall the onset or even helps when recovering from a cold. These reasons also makes keeping ginger in your diet as one of the healthy eating ideas.
Ginger and Food
Ginger goes very well with many different types of seafood, oranges, melon, pork, pumpkin and apples. And I love ginger chicken, so add it from time to time. When buying fresh ginger, look for a root with smooth, taut skin, it should have no wrinkles and has a spicy aroma.
A cup of hot water with thinly sliced or chopped ginger is an excellent way to stimulate digestion. Add a slice of lemon to make it even better.
Ginger contains a potent antioxidant, gingerol, this helps to cleanse the harmful chemicals our bodies produce when we are worried, and so ginger can help with psychological stress too.
Ginger tea is also great if you’re feeling a bit moody. It can help to give you a lift and change the pace of the day and even push away negative feelings. I find ginger tea or ginger in tea just an excellent to start each morning.
BENEFITS OF GINGER TEA
- Impedes Motion Sickness: Have a quick cup before traveling to keep the sickness and headaches at bay.
- Combats Stomach Discomfort: Great for digestion and aiding the absorption of food.
- Reduces Inflammation: Can ease joint inflammation and helps ease the joint soreness.
- Fights Common Respiratory Problems: Perfect for fighting off coughs and colds
- Encourages Normal Blood Circulation: Not only does the drink help blood flow, it can also stop excessive sweating and fever.
- Strengthens Immune System: Packed with antioxidants, it is a sure start to better health.
- Relieves Stress: Even one sniff of the drink can improve your mood, it calms.
You can find a recipe for the tea preparation if you click on this link for Ginger Tea.
If you have any comments please drop a note below. Thanks for visiting my webpage.